The Process Safety Management (PSM) Division of the CSChE is a national network of more than 300 volunteers. The division connects individuals with a common interest and expertise in PSM to create networking opportunities and to share ideas.
- The Canadian standard CSA Z767-17 Process Safety Management (available in French as CSA Z767-F17 Gestion de la sécurité opérationnelle , was published on Friday, February 20, 2017. This is a reflection of the dedication of our project team who have spent the last three years diligently working on the standard. The standard has been confirmed as a National Standard of Canada. We have a dedicated team that is organizing the next phase of workshops and information sessions.
- Develops and disseminates important publications and tools related to the practice of PSM in Canada
- Promotes awareness, understanding and use of PSM tools
- Influences and encourages a public policy framework that incorporates PSM principles
- Furthers the advancement and development of PSM ideas, theorems, tools, services, and techniques
- Fosters PSM in chemical and related engineering, technical, science and management education, and professional development
- Monitors PSM metrics to identify gaps in PSM knowledge or applications, and facilitates and encourages appropriate corrective action
- Recognizes outstanding career achievements through the Process Safety Management Award
- June 18th 2019 - Division meeting in Ottawa
- October 21-23 2019 - PSMD Conference as part of the 69th Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference in Halifax
- October 24th 2019 - Division meeting in Halifax