The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering (Can. J. Chem. Eng.) publishes original research articles, new theoretical interpretations or experimental findings, and critical reviews in the science or industrial practice of chemical and biochemical processes.
Accepted articles are accelerated for online publication in advance of print publication through Wiley’s Early View feature.
- Biotechnology, biochemical and biomedical engineering
- Environment, renewable resources and green processes
- Industrial applications of chemical engineering principles
- Interfacial and electrochemical phenomena
- New materials, nanomaterials and nanotechnology
- Process control, systems engineering and statistics
- Reaction engineering, chemical kinetics and catalysis
- Separation processes
- Transport phenomena, fluid dynamics and thermodynamics
- Review article
- Mini-review article
- Special issue article – by invitation
- Special series article – by invitation
- Award article – by invitation
For additional information on the different types of articles, please see our Author Guidelines.
Benefits of Publishing in Can. J. Chem. Eng.
- In partnership with global publisher Wiley
- Impact factor 1.610
- Indexed in Google Scholar, PubMed, Scopus, Web of Science, and more
- 6000 institutional subscriptions in 2018
- Global readership with +190 000 downloads in 2018
- Open Access options through Wiley OnlineOpen, with a 25% discount for CIC members. Contact us for the code.
- Increased visibility through Wiley Online Library platform, automatically tracking citations and Altmetrics
- Average time to first decision under 1 month
- Expedited online publication through Wiley’s Early View platform
- Easy submission through ScholarOne
- No submission fees or article processing charges
Resources for Authors
- Publishing Workshop Slides: