GIDW Virtual Poster Competition
A 48 hour twitter-event starting July 9, 2020 at 9:00 ET
GIDW Virtual Poster Competition - July 9 & 10, 2020
Calling the world’s inorganic chemistry students and postdocs
Registration capped at 300 spots with 50 spots reserved for undergrads
About the GIDW Virtual Poster Competition
This twitter conference hopes to allow inorganic chemists globally to share their scientific findings and connect with others in the field. The twitter poster conference will take place over a period of 48 hours on July 9 & 10, 2020 starting at 9:00 AM ET.
To submit an abstract for the GIDW Twitter poster competition, please complete the registration form prior to 23:59 ET, July 6, 2020. The information in the registration form will be used to create a program book to ensure your twitter poster will be easily accessible.
The GIDW twitter poster competition is excited to share we will be hosting a student poster competition with cash prizes for undergraduate students, graduate students, and post-doctoral fellows. The number of undergraduate, graduate, and post-doctoral fellow posters that will be accepted for consideration in the competition will be limited to the first 300 registrants.
Who can participate
- Register your abstract in the event by filling out the google form – you will need a Twitter account to participate (free!)
- Tweet your poster as a high-resolution .gif or.jpeg with the hashtag #gidw2020 after 9:00 ET July 9th
- Posters will be assigned judges – judges/audience will interact with you via the the “Reply” feature on tweets.
A .pdf of the abstract book will be posted with relevant twitter handles to easily locate posters. Winners will be announced at our online GIDW virtual symposium on Monday, July 13th at 13:00 ET.
Participants are encouraged to review the GIDW Poster Competition Rubric prior to the start of the event.
Instructions for making your GIDW Twitter Competition posters:
- Twitter only allows (per tweet): 1 gif (.gif) OR 4 images (.png, .jpg, ), <15 MB size.
- Participants are encouraged to review the GIDW Poster Guidelines prior to building their posters.
- Participants are asked to include #GIDW2020poster and tag @CIC_ChemInst and @cscinorgdiv in their tweet.
- Participants building their own poster templates are encouraged to include the GIDW and CIC Virtual Logo.
In partnership with:
Chemical Institute of Canada
Canadian Society for Chemistry