National Chemistry Week (NCW) is an annual, week-long celebration of the chemical sciences in all provinces and territories in Canada. It’s a great opportunity for youth to get connected with the wonders of chemistry and for the not-so-young to appreciate the positive aspects of chemistry through hands-on experiments, games, demonstrations, lectures, exhibitions and more.
When does it take place?
October 13-21, 2018
- The CIC, through a network of dedicated volunteer members, coordinates public activities.
- Anyone who is interested in chemistry can plan an event. It's not the size of the event that is important; it's sharing an interest in chemistry with others.
- Volunteers partner with educational institutions to involve kindergartners to graduate students, as well as companies, museums, science centres and government agencies.
Planning Resources and Contacts
- Download the Coordinators Resource Handbook for ideas and tips on planning an event
- Order promotional material for your event
- Contact the chemistry, chemical engineering and chemical technology programs at your local universities and colleges to request assistance
- Get in touch with the CIC Local Section nearest you to see what activities they may be hosting
- Contact email@example.com with any further inquiries