Why Join Us
Are you ready to take your place in Canada’s thriving chemistry community? Here’s how we help our members:
- Connect: our journals, articles, student chapters, local sections and subject divisions bring the chemistry community together to share ideas. The mentoring partnerships we facilitate can be life-changing for students and professionals alike.
- Learn: unique professional networks and outstanding conferences take your understanding to the next level.
- Grow: grow your career. Nowhere else in Canada can you get the competitive advantages offered by the CIC. Our unique resources help you navigate the Canadian chemical industry and the academic world (including the grants system). We partner with professional associations across the country for increased professional status and licensing.
- Recognize: we help researchers gain recognition for their work through our conferences, news, and awards. Our student awards help encourage the best and the brightest of the next generation of chemical scientists. CSC chemistry course accreditation provides the mark of trust for university programs across the country and internationally.
Make a difference as a part of Canada’s professional chemical sciences community. When you belong to the CIC, you’ll join our country’s brightest minds as they tackle the biggest questions and challenges of our times. You’ll expand your horizons beyond what you ever thought possible!
Providing the Key to Our Future Prosperity
We promote the chemical sciences in Canada and improve communication between our members, the public, and political representatives. Learn more about us >
The initiatives we support include:
- National Chemistry Week
- National Engineering Month
- Science Rendezvous
- Judging at Youth Science Fairs
- The Canadian Chemistry Olympiad
As a CIC member you’ll save with:
- Member registration rates at the annual national Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition (CCCE) and the Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference (CCEC).
- Member registration rates affiliated association national meetings, e.g., American Chemical Society (ACS) conferences and courses.
- Member rates for The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering.
- Savings on bundled car and home insurance with TD Insurance Meloche Monnex.
- Savings on personal insurance plans with Manulife.
- Discounted rates with VIA Rail.
- Discounted rates with Budget Car Rental.
- CSChE members get a free subscription to AccessEngineering (reference tool for engineering).
Questions? Let Us Know!
If you have any questions about CIC membership, please contact us.