The Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering (CSChE) and Canadian Green Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Network (CGCEN) have announced the award winners for 2014. Official presentations took place this past October at the 64th Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference in Niagara Falls, Ont. Go to www.cheminst.ca/awards for details about the winners’ research.
The CSChE winners are:
- Award for Best Graduate Student Paper Published in The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, Ali Shekari, École Polytechnique de Montréal;
- Bantrel Award in Design and Industrial Practice, Ajay Dalai, FCIC, University of Saskatchewan;
- D. G. Fisher Award, Hector Budman, University of Waterloo;
- Process Safety Management Award, Faisal Khan, Memorial University of Newfoundland;
- R. S. Jane Memorial Award, David P. Wilkinson, FCIC, University of British Columbia;
- Syncrude Canada Innovation Award, Radhakrishnan Mahadevan, University of Toronto.
The CGCEN winners are:
- Canadian Green Chemistry and Engineering Award (Individual), Douglas W. Stephan, FCIC, University of Toronto;
- Canadian Green Chemistry and Engineering Award (CSA Group Award for Organizations), Orbite Aluminae Inc., Montreal.