- Waterfront Centre Food Court (900 Canada Place, adjacent to the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel directly across the Street from the Vancouver Convention Centre (VCC), 1-minute walk). About 15 vendors, some familiar, some not). Eat indoors or outside in the terraced garden.
- Burrard Landing at the Vancouver Convention Centre West (1055 Canada Place, proceed West from the entrance to the VCC East Building, the venue of the WATOC Congress, 1- to 5-minute walk). Many traditional Vancouver restaurants from which to choose: Cactus Club, Tap and Barrel, Mahoney & Sons, Anatolia Express, etc.
- Lions Pub (888 W Cordova Street, 2-minute walk South of the VCC). Traditional British pub fare.
- Steamworks Brewpub (375 Water Street, proceed East from the VCC in the direction of Gastown, a 6-minute walk). Steamworks is at the entrance to Gastown, the historic heart of Vancouver.
- ARC Restaurant (900 Canada Place, in the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel directly across the street from the VCC, 1-minute walk). More expensive than the above but provides a quiet ambiance.
- Rogue Kitchen and Wetbar at 601 W Cordova St. in the Waterfront Station, a 4-minute walk. Waterfront Station has some fast-food options.
- Oceans 999 (999 Canada Place, in the Pan Pacific Hotel, directly above the WATOC Congress venue).
- Joey Burrard at 507 Burrard is a popular location of a Vancouver-based restaurant chain that has spread across North America. It is a 5-minute walk from Canada Place.
- Water Street Café (300 Water Street, in the heart of Gastown, an 8-minute walk). It is located directly opposite the steam clock, a popular tourist attraction.
- Old Spaghetti Factory (53 Water Street in Gastown, a 12-minute walk). A great location for a family friendly restaurant chain.
(Pubs are listed in order of their proximity to the VCC; see above if no information is given)
- Lions Pub (2 minutes South)
- Tap and Barrel (5 minutes West)
- Steamworks Brewpub (6 minutes East)
- The GPO Bar (136 West Cordova Street, a 10-minute walk) has a good patio for watching the world go by. The adjacent Cambie Bar is also very popular.
- Malone’s Taphouse (608 W Pender Street, from the VCC proceed South on Howe Street to Pender Street and East to the intersection with Seymour Street, a 10-minute walk).
- The Lamplighter (92 Water Street in Gastown, a 10-minute walk)
- Local Gastown (3 Alexander Street, in Gastown on Maple Tree Square, a 12-minute walk) has a very popular patio. Keep walking until you reach the bright yellow umbrellas in the square that has a statue of John (Gassy Jack) Deighton.