International presenters and exhibitors may need a Formal Letter of Invitation. Fully paid conference registrants who are not presenting may also request a letter of invitation. To receive a Letter of Invitation, you must:
- Be a presenter at the conference, as demonstrated by submitting an abstract relevant to the conference topics (to the discretion of the Organizing Committee), AND
- Be a registered attendee for the conference, as demonstrated by completing payment for your conference registration,
- Be a registered attendee for the conference, as demonstrated by completing payment for your conference registration, AND
- Submit a letter of support from your supervisor or sponsor from your institution/company indicating that you will participate in the conference as an attendee (letter must be signed and on the institution’s letterhead).
Those who meet either of the above criteria will receive the invitation letter by email (in PDF format). Please note, letters cannot be mailed in hard copy.
IMPORTANT: If your Visa application process gets rejected and you find yourself unable to attend the conference, you must send us official government-issued proof of the Visa rejection in order for us to process any refund of the registration fees.
Depending on where you live, you will need to meet certain entry requirements to visit Canada:
- To find out if you need a travel visa and/or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), go to the Find out if you need a visa page and answer a few simple questions. To learn about the visa application process, please go to the How to Apply page.
- You may need to give your biometrics. This is a mandatory requirement and you must appear in person at a Visa Application Centre in order to provide your fingerprints and photograph. Find the Visa Application Centre closest to you.
This event has been registered with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
We encourage you to start organizing your travels as soon as possible as there may be delays in obtaining your travel documents for entry into Canada. Please note that costs related to travel, accommodation, transportation and conference registration will be your own responsibility.