Though conditions globally are changing every day, the health and safety of our delegates, speakers and exhibitors in these uncertain times remain our number one priority. We understand the uncertainty about October 2020, and we want you to submit your abstract with confidence knowing that the CCEC 2020 has a plan for an in-person (if conditions permit) and virtual event.
We encourage you to review the FAQ below regarding an in-person (if conditions permit) or virtual event.
ENGAGING LIVE EVENTS
- Experience daily live plenary sessions and engage in discussions with leaders in the field.
DEVELOP REAL CONNECTIONS
- Engage with speakers through live Q&As and chat sessions, Network with members and exhibitors to facilitate real conversations around important and emerging topics in the community.
EXPLORE ON-DEMAND TECHNICAL SESSIONS
- Explore up to 240 hours of on-demand scientific content from diverse technical tracks on essential topics in the field with a series of pre-recorded talks and e-poster sessions.
EXPERIENCE A STRESS-FREE EVENT
- Enjoy CCEC 2020 from the comfort of your home at any time, record your presentation in advance at your leisure, and interact with other delegates globally around your schedule!
As chemical science professionals, we know conferences are a key venue for professional development, networking, and scientific advancement and these principles stand true for a virtual event. A virtual CCEC 2020 has the added benefits of allowing you to:
- Save money by enjoying the conference in your favourite PJs without the costly travel, hotel, and food expenses.
- Replace travel time and long days with more time with loved ones.
- Participate in a more accessible event to allow your science to reach a global audience.
- Access people you want to talk to easily through messaging: no more awkwardly waiting for the speaker to finish talking to someone else before you can ask your questions.
- Reduce your environmental footprint.
- Build your conference experience around your busy schedule and maintain your work-life balance.
- And, most importantly, protect the safety and well-being of our communities.
- Join the CSChE to access reduced registration rates. Your membership helps the society support the Canadian chemical engineering community with programming and initiatives throughout the year.
As a non-profit organization, we take pride in offering our services to the community at the lowest cost possible, and our virtual registration rates are no exception. While facilitating a virtual event helps us reduce our registration rates, virtual events still require:
- A dedicated staff to organize an engaging and exciting event.
- A virtual event platform that allows for an all-inclusive and value-adding experience, e.g., : intuitive interface, on-demand access to scientific content, integrated networking opportunities, simple presentation uploading, access to an interactive exhibition hall, and customizable conference schedule.
The CCEC is closely monitoring the status of COVID and will be following the recommendations of the Canadian and Ontario public health guidelines in order to make any decisions regarding an in-person event.
The health and safety of attendees are of the highest priority. We are in communication with the event venue to ensure that if we were to hold an in-person meeting that we would be able to provide attendees with a safe environment, including the ability to physically distance. As the situation evolves, more information will be released regarding the status of an in-person event.
Yes, the virtual event will happen even if an in-person event is also possible.
Yes, if the CCEC determines that an in-person event is to proceed, then the early bird registration rates will be extended.
In order to withdraw your abstract please email CCEC@cheminst.ca, including your name and abstract ID number.
Yes, conference attendees will be able to learn more about, and have ample opportunity to interact with exhibitors.
The meeting schedule for live events and interactive chats will be in Eastern Time (ET) and will be scheduled to permit comparable access from all 5 time zones in Canada. The main virtual event will not begin prior to 10:50 am ET (7:50 am PT). Additionally, meeting content, with the exception of live events, will be available on demand for attendees to access at their leisure throughout the meeting.
We are actively working with our virtual event platform to be able to accommodate presenters with IP concerns.
Registered attendees will be able to access on-demand content for up to 30 days after the completion of the main event. This will allow attendees time to explore the expansive program. Please note, that some content may be only available for a limited period of time at the speaker’s request.