All attendees are asked to review the following information before attending the conference:
- Being respectful of all individuals involved in the meeting including attendees, volunteers, management, coordinative, and other contracted roles.
- Being respectful of rules and policies of the meeting venue and other contracted or event-related facilities.
- Supporting a shared, inclusive, positive and respectful environment for all. Making every effort to be:
- professional, considerate, and collaborative;
- conscious of critiquing ideas, and not individuals;
- respectful of each other in conversation, during oral and poster presentations, and during group and social events.
- Accepting that disruptive, harassing or other inappropriate statements or behaviour toward an individual is unacceptable.
- Being mindful of your surroundings at all times.
- Observing and reporting dangerous situations or of someone in distress, e.g. calling 911, notifying event security.
- Not engaging in unacceptable behaviour*.
- Disruption or obstruction of any meeting activity or at any affiliated group and social events;
- Physical or verbal harassment, including sexual harassment, bullying, discrimination in any form, or abuse of any attendee;
- Intimidation, threats or coercion;
- Conduct or knowingly creating a condition that threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person;
- Conduct that is, or is reasonably seen to be, humiliating or demeaning to another person;
- Aiding or encouraging others to act in a manner prohibited under these guidelines;
- Verbal comments based on gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance and dress, body size, socioeconomic status, education background, marital status, and personal characteristics protected under the Charter of Rights and Freedoms (race, religion, national origin); inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations; threatening, stalking, and unnecessary touching of any attendee at the event or meeting, including speakers, volunteers, staff, service providers, and guests; unwelcome sexual advances; requests for sexual favours; and harassment intended and communicated in a joking manner.
- No taking photos or recording of oral or poster presentations without the explicit permission of the presenter.
- No taking photos of a person giving a presentation of any kind without the explicit permission of the presenter.
Photographs and film footage may be taken during this event by authorized conference personnel, which may or may not include your recognizable image or a video. By participating in this event, you consent to be photographed or filmed and authorize the organizer to use the photographs or film in print, digital, video or web-based format for its promotional and archival purposes.
For further information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.