CSC President’s Event: What is Innovation?
Join us for a panel discussion: What is Innovation? Lunch will be provided at this event, so please pre-register if you want to attend.
Calgary is an opportunity-rich city, home to many innovators, dreamers, and change-makers. What a perfect combination to bring a special panel discussion to share insights on innovation at this conference in the heart of Calgary. Appreciating that there are many definitions and interpretations of innovation, panelists will share their perspectives on innovation. Ultimately, this panel discussion is to highlight the significance, variety, and complexity of innovation as it relates to chemistry, the broader community, and the opportunities it provides.
- Zhongxin Zhou, FCIC, President of the Canadian Society for Chemistry (CSC); Executive Director of Gilead Sciences
- Cathy Crudden, FCIC, FRSC, Allie Vi Douglas Distinguished University Professor, Canada Research Chair at Queen’s University; Research Professor, Institute of Transformative Bio-Molecules (WPI-ITbM); Editor-in-Chief, ACS Catalysis; Alfred Bader Award Recipient 2022
- Steven Holdcroft, FCIC, Co-founder and Scientific Advisor, Ionomr Innovations inc.; Professor, Canada Research Chair at Simon Fraser University
- Douglas Maclaren, Department Manager, Sarnia Technology Applications & Research at Imperial Oil, an affiliate of ExxonMobil Technology & Engineering Company
- Kazim Agha, Partner – Patent Agent, Ridout & Maybee LLP
- Josephine Tsang, Executive Director, Chemical Institute of Canada
The President’s Event will be held on Tuesday, Jun. 14th at the TELUS Convention Centre in Ideation 2 & 3, 12:30 – 1:50 PM MT.