The Process Safety Management (PSM) Division of the CSChE is a national network of more than 300 volunteers. The division connects individuals with a common interest and expertise in PSM to create networking opportunities and to share ideas.
- The Canadian standard CSA Z767-17 Process Safety Management (available in French as CSA Z767-F17 Gestion de la sécurité opérationnelle , was published on Friday, February 20, 2017. This is a reflection of the dedication of our project team who have spent the last three years diligently working on the standard. The standard has been confirmed as a National Standard of Canada. We have a dedicated team that is organizing the next phase of workshops and information sessions.
- Develops and disseminates important publications and tools related to the practice of PSM in Canada
- Promotes awareness, understanding and use of PSM tools
- Influences and encourages a public policy framework that incorporates PSM principles
- Furthers the advancement and development of PSM ideas, theorems, tools, services, and techniques
- Fosters PSM in chemical and related engineering, technical, science and management education, and professional development
- Monitors PSM metrics to identify gaps in PSM knowledge or applications, and facilitates and encourages appropriate corrective action
- Recognizes outstanding career achievements through the Process Safety Management Award
- February 10, 2021 – Division meeting in virtually
The CSChE – Process Safety Management Division executive would like to invite you to our next online meeting, planned on February 10th from 1 to 3 PM EST. This meeting will be hosted over Zoom, and all attendees are asked to register their attendance to receive the connection details. Members who have not used Zoom, or who encounter connection issues, are asked to contact Hua Deng.
For those members who are new, PSM Division has a website that provides a host of information such as activities, charter, events, publications etc. are located at: https://www.cheminst.ca/psm.
Please take the time to review the preliminary agendas (PSMD Agenda 2021_02_10) and the minutes will be distributed during the meeting. Please notify the chair of subjects of interest you would like to see added at the start of the meeting
- October 26-30 2020 – PSMD Conference as part of the 70th Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference virtually
- October 29th 2020 – Division meeting in virtually
- June 18th 2019 – Division meeting in Ottawa
- October 21-23 2019 – PSMD Conference as part of the 69th Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference in Halifax
- October 24th 2019 – Division meeting in Halifax