The Canadian Green Chemistry and Engineering Network (CGCEN) is a multidisciplinary group within the CIC, devoted to the new field and philosophy of green chemistry.
CGCEN brings together leading researchers and practitioners in chemistry, biochemistry and chemical engineering with policy makers, industrial partners and professional organizations. It spans areas like alternative and conventional energy, chemical and biochemical manufacturing processes, new materials, and pharmaceuticals.
What We Do
The CGCEN network:
- Promotes green chemistry and engineering symposia at the CIC’s conferences, workshops, and seminars.
- Develops strategic relationships with other national and global green chemistry organizations like GreenCentre Canada and the American Chemical Society Green Chemistry Institute.
- Provides networking opportunities for students, academic researchers, government policy makers and commercial entrepreneurs.
- Promotes green chemistry and engineering with outreach programs.
- Recognizes outstanding achievements of both individuals and organizations through the Canadian Green Chemistry and Engineering Awards.
The CGCEN is open to any CIC member – just ask to join by clicking the CGCEN checkbox, and you’ll start learning about CGCEN news and events via email. If you’re CIC member, and want to join the CGCEN, just log in to your profile and check the CGCEN checkbox.
About Green Chemistry
Green chemistry strives to create more environmentally sustainable and healthier processes and products, while continuing to meet market demands. It looks at the whole innovation cycle from research to commercial implementation.
You can learn more about green chemistry on the GreenCentre Canada website: