The CIC Chemical Education Fund (CEF) is a registered charity set up to promote education in the fields of chemical sciences, chemical engineering, chemical technology and related disciplines.
Objectives of the CEF
- To advance education in chemical sciences, chemical engineering, chemical technology and related disciplines, by carrying out or encouraging chemical outreach activities, seminars and conferences and by developing educational materials for the benefit of students of chemistry, chemical engineering or chemical technology and members of the general public;
- To encourage excellence in the fields of chemical sciences, chemical engineering and chemical technology and related disciplines by awarding scholarships, bursaries, prizes and other honours and providing funding to academic institutions;
- To carry out or promote research in the fields of chemical sciences, chemical engineering, chemical technology and related disciplines and to disseminate the results of such research to the general public.
Applying for Funding
The deadline to apply to the CEF for funding for a project is December 15 of the year previous to that in which support is being requested. Also review the:
Examples of Funding:
- Prizes for student presenters at regional student chemistry conferences.
- Student competitions such as the Robert G. Auld Oral Paper Competition and essay contests.
- Awards such as the CIC Award for Chemical Education and CIC Award for High School/Cégep Chemistry Teachers for academic excellence and achievement by high school teachers, undergraduates and graduate students.
- Publications or outreach courses with educational content which help to improve public awareness of chemistry.
- The E. Gordon Young Lectureship
- Bringing chemistry to remote northern communities through the “Chemistry is Everywhere” tour.
Donate to the CEF
Make a donation:
You can donate to the Chemical Education Fund by contacting us at email@example.com or 1-888-542-2242 ext. 223, or by filling out the appropriate fields on your membership renewal form.