The CIC Chemical Education Fund (CEF) is a registered charity set up to promote education in the fields of chemical sciences, chemical engineering, chemical technology and related disciplines.
Objectives of the CEF
- To advance education in chemical sciences, chemical engineering, chemical technology and related disciplines, by carrying out or encouraging chemical outreach activities, seminars and conferences and by developing educational materials for the benefit of students of chemistry, chemical engineering or chemical technology and members of the general public;
- To encourage excellence in the fields of chemical sciences, chemical engineering and chemical technology and related disciplines by awarding scholarships, bursaries, prizes and other honours and providing funding to academic institutions;
- To carry out or promote research in the fields of chemical sciences, chemical engineering, chemical technology and related disciplines and to disseminate the results of such research to the general public.
Applying for Funding
The deadline to apply to the CEF for funding is December 15 of the year previous to that in which support is being requested. Also review the:
Examples of Funding:
- The Lionel High School Scholarship assists high school students who would not otherwise be able to attend university or college without significant financial assistance.
- Bringing chemistry to remote communities such as Labrador.
- Create projects to excite students about chemistry - Timeline of the Elements
- Awards such as the CIC Award for Chemistry Education and the Beaumier Award for High School/Cégep Chemistry Teachers recognize academic excellence and achievement by high school and post secondary teachers.
- The E. Gordon Young Lectureship provides funding to bring high profile speakers to speak to the chemical community as well as the general public
- Prizes for student presenters at student conferences.
- Student competitions such as the Robert G. Auld Oral Paper Competition..
- View the complete list of 2019 CEF Grant Recipients
Donate to the CEF
Make a donation:
You can donate to the Chemical Education Fund by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-542-2242 ext. 223, or by filling out the appropriate fields on your membership renewal form.