The Chemical Institute of Canada’s Outreach Program helps raise public awareness of the vitality and value of the chemical sciences and chemical engineering in our day-to-day lives.
Our outreach programs are made possible through collaboration with Local Sections, Subject Divisions, elementary and high schools, universities, colleges, industry and other science-based not-for-profit organizations.
- It’s Chemistry Eh?! YouTube Contest
- Canadian Water Experiment
- Canadian Chemistry Contest
- Canadian Chemistry Olympiad
- National Crystal Growing Competition
- National Chemistry Week (NCW)
- Regional and Canada-wide science fairs
From pocket periodic tables to t-shirts to liquid crystal stress cards, a wide variety of promotional material is available to help make your chemistry outreach event a success. To purchase promotional materials, simply fill out the order form. You may also consult the CIC Fun Facts Handbook for facts about chemistry in Canada.
We sincerely thank all of our sponsors for making these initiatives possible. If you wish to support the CIC Outreach Program view our sponsorship opportunities.