The Chemical Institute of Canada’s Outreach Program helps raise public awareness of the vitality and value of the chemical sciences and chemical engineering in our day-to-day lives.
Our outreach programs are made possible through collaboration with Local Sections, Subject Divisions, elementary and high schools, universities, colleges, industry and other science-based not-for-profit organizations.
- Canadian Water Experiment
- Canadian Chemistry Contest
- Canadian Chemistry Olympiad
- National Crystal Growing Competition
- National Chemistry Week (NCW)
- Regional and Canada-wide science fairs
From pocket periodic tables to t-shirts to liquid crystal stress cards, a wide variety of promotional material is available to help make your chemistry outreach event a success. To purchase promotional materials, simply fill out the order form. You may also consult the CIC Fun Facts Handbook for facts about chemistry in Canada.