WHO WE ARE
The Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC) is a national not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the chemical sciences and engineering through its three constituent societies.
- Canadian Society for Chemistry (CSC)
- Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering (CSChE)
- Canadian Society for Chemical Technology (CSCT)
WHAT WE DO
- Provide professional designations and memberships to those in the chemical sciences and engineering profession
- Organize Canada’s two premier annual conferences for the chemical sciences and engineering – the Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition and the Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference
- Connect members through a network of Local Sections, Student Chapters and Subject Divisions
- Produce two major publications: ACCN the Canadian Chemical News magazine and the Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering
- Conferring over 40 awards across Canada
- Advocate to the government on issues of research funding and regulations
- Accredit university programs and certify chemical technologists
- Plan Outreach activities for the public to advance their understanding and appreciation of the chemical sciences and engineering
- Provide Career Services that help to advance the professional lives of chemists, engineers and technologists.
- And much more
WHY JOIN US?
As well as enjoying several benefits such as discounted rates for our conferences and a complimentary subscription to our magazine, members of the Constituent Societies of the CIC become part of Canada’s diverse and prestigious community of chemical scientists, engineers and technologists.
Learn more about the CIC
2018–2019 Call for Nominations
CIC Board Officers and Directors Role Descriptions
Meet the Board of Directors of the CIC
Meet the Staff of the CIC
Download the Bylaws of the CIC
Download the 2017 Financial Statements of the CIC
Download the 2017 Financial Statements of the CEF , the charitable foundation of the CIC.