Members of the CIC and its constituent societies (CSC, CSChE and CSCT) become a part of Canada’s diverse and prestigious community of chemical scientists, engineers and technologists.
By becoming a member, you have access to a number of exclusive benefits (listed below). In addition to these benefits, your membership fees will help support the important work that the CIC and its constituent societies do on behalf of the Canadian chemical sciences and engineering community. Membership is based on a calendar year (i.e. 2017 Membership runs from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017).
CIC Members have access to the following programs and initiatives:
CAREER & NETWORKING:
- Access all career services. Search for jobs online and post your résumé through our Workopolis Niche Site, receive a 20% discount on CIC professional development courses, receive a 15% discount on CareerJoy services and gain access to other helpful CIC career resources and lists
- Contact peers, colleagues, chemical professionals and potential mentors through the Member Directory
- CSChE members have an exclusive subscription to AccessEngineering, an award-winning engineering reference tool.
- Connect with the chemical community at Local Section, Student Chapter or Subject Division events
- Gain Certified Chemical Technologist (cCT) certification as a member of the CSCT, which highlights credentials, shows dedication to the profession and allows for more career mobility
- Receive an accreditation certificate when graduating from a CSC-accredited B.Sc. program (the CSC manages the accreditation of undergraduate chemistry programs nationally and abroad)
CONFERENCES & EVENTS:
- Save up to $200 on registration for the 100th Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition in Toronto, ON May 28 – June 1, 2017
- Save up to $280 on registration for the 67th Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference in Edmonton, AB, October 22-25, 2017
- Save up to $50 discount on registration for the CIC/SCI Canada “Green, Clean and Sustainable Chemistry” Seminar and Awards Dinner in Toronto, ON, March 30, 2017
- Save up to $335 (member rate) on registration for the upcoming 253rd ACS National Meeting & Exposition in San Francisco, CA
- Receive your annual subscription to the Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, the premiere journal of the CSChE, for just $90 (online) or $120 (print and online)
- Receive a free subscription to ACCN the Canadian Chemical News, Canada’s leading magazine for the chemical sciences and engineering
- Recieve a $20-$25 discount on a subscription to the Royal Society of Chemistry's award-winning Chemistry World magazine.
- Save up to $400 per year on home and auto insurance with TD Insurance Meloche Monnex
- Receive preferred member rates on life, accident and disability insurance with Manulife Financial
- Receive a 5% discount on VIA Rail fares
- Receive up to 10% off on Budget Car Rental
OUTREACH & ADVOCACY:
- Our outreach programs foster an interest in STEM among Canadian youth and raise public awareness and understanding of science.
- We advocate to Federal and Provincial governments on your behalf as an active member of the Partnership Group for Science and Engineering (PAGSE) and the Canadian Consortium for Research (CCR)
- The CIC Chemical Education Fund (CEF) is a registered charity set up to promote education in the fields of chemical sciences, chemical engineering, chemical technology and related disciplines.
- CSC, CSChE, CSCT, CIC and SCI awards highlight outstanding achievements of Canadian chemists, chemical engineers and chemical technologists.
- CIC Fellowships recognize the outstanding merits of well rounded CIC members.
- CIC Honorary Fellowships recognize Canada’s best, whose work has influenced Canadians and has also had a major impact abroad.
- Students are recognized through the CSC, CSChE, CSCT and CIC student awards programs and competitions.
- The Lionel High School Chemistry Scholarship and the CSChE Chemical Engineering Local Section Scholarships provide assistance to high school and university students studying in the chemical sciences and engineering.
For more information on membership fees and categories, review the membership handbooks: